Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blog #9 If I had a $100 :)

Hello Bloggers:)
In this blog we had to pick between 4 charity's and I picked
http://www.oxfam.ca/.
We had a few questions to answer and the first question was why did you choose this organization and why is because it gives more options and it had 14 other organizations working together in 99 other countries and they believe that "Respect for human rights will help lift people of poverty .

We had to but ethical gift with the $100 Ms.Crosbie gave us. (theoretically).

Another question was what were the gift we chose why we chose them and how much were they?
The first gift I chose was a hygiene kit the price was $22 . The reason I chose this was because everybody should have chance to have hygiene even if they are poor.
Another gift I have bought was to put 8 gifts in a school and the reason why I chose this because kids should be able to read and write because kids our age that live in poor barely know how to read or write and I think that they should have chance to learn too and this package was $22.
My 3rd gift I am giving is a 9 bags of seeds to plant fruits and vegetables and bushes and they can learn how to garden for in the future. This gift costs $30.

My 4th and 5th are from http://plancanada.ca/.the first gift is a soft baby blanket and the reason why I chose this gift is because when a baby is born it should be held with a soft and warm blanket and this gift was $10. The other gift from plan Canada a Mango tree and reason why I chose this gift is because it will provide juice from the mango and food and it will be healthy for them and it costs $13.

I disturbed my 100 dollars by looking at all the gifts and picking which ones would be useful and lasting the longest.

Thanks for reading:)

*Hannah*

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Hannah. I think helping others is amazing come check out my blog post on this when I finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete